Outside NatWest Bank, High Street, Ramsey, members of staff with Customer Driven Branch Award.opyright RBS, see text. NatWest, Ramsey, Cambs
The Nat West Bank, Ramsey, Cambs
The branch was first opened by the National Provincial and Union Bank of England on the corner of High Street and Great Whyte, Ramsey on the 19th July 1921.A bank circular of the 16th July 1921 reported,
A Daily Agency to Peterborough will be opened at the above place on the 19th instant and Attendance furnished as follows:
Ordinary Days 10 till 3, Wednesdays 10 till 4, Saturdays 9 till 12.
Premises in the High Street consisting of a Shop, House etc were purchased in May 1922 from Mr Alfred Skief for 1000.
In 1924 the Bank was shortened to National Provincial Bank.Ramsey was constituted a full branch of the Bank from 24th January 1957.
In 1968 the Westminster Bank and National Provincial Bank, along with National Provincials subsidiary District Bank, announced their intention to merge.The operations of all three Banks were combined over the following 18 months and began to trade as National Westminster Bank from 1st January 1970. On this date the name of the branch changed to Ramsey, Hunts branch.It changed to Ramsey Cambs branch in 1974.
In March 2001 the Banks was acquired by The Royal Bank of Scotland.
Photographs Reproduced by kind permission of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (copyright2005). Not to be copied without licience from RBS.